Sunday, January 10, 2016

PaperCrafter's Corner: Magazine Monday #128

I always look forward to what Stephanie at PCC has for the challenge us each week.  I had a hard time settling on an idea from this one.  We never do anything special for the New Year.  Too old?  New Year's eve is busy, though.  We party hardy. . .with our little birthday girl!  She arrived in time to be a tax deduction in 2009.  I can't believe she's six already!  And I have a birthday to scrap! 
    Papercrafting Challenge: Magazine Mondays - Week 128 Inspiration Piece (image) I took several ideas from the inspiration piece:  The bold heading, the sectioned off date and a confetti background (I had to restrain myself there).  The magazine cover celebrates the New Year.  We celebrated New Year's Eve, with a Princess Leia cake and a costumed birthday girl!  
     I sprayed navy cardstock with a mix of Perfect Pearls and alcohol to make the "far-off galaxy."  We did that on her invitations, too.  It shows up really well on dark paper.  All the heading was cut with the Cricut.  I love being able to cut larger letters. 
     Thank you for looking.  Do consider joining the fun at PaperCrafter's Corner!


3 comments:

  1. Great job on this page, my friend. Love the galaxy you created. Very cool and the picts are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is such an adorable layout and gorgeous pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUper fun layout! Perfect for a Star Wars fan. :)

    ReplyDelete