Sunday, May 17, 2015

PaperCrafter's Corner: Week 99!

    I love this magazine cover!  I was even tempted to do a big quilled letter.  Then I got my Quick Cards magazine from the UK.  Next month's gift is a quilling set, so no point trying to find the right stuff now.  I'll try quilling next month!  Maybe.  LOL!
http://pccorner.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Papercrafting-Challenge-Magazine-Mondays-Week-99-Inspiration-Piece.jpg
PCC inspiration
     I think I would have saved time if I had gone with quilling for all the starts and stops I did.  I completely gave up yesterday, but today I remembered a project I have had in my head for several weeks.  The frame was ready and waiting.  I needed to put it together.  A big M for our surname was the perfect addition.  I die cut that twice, once with an upcycled manilla folder for stiffness and once with printed paper.  I stapled red and blue bakers' twine across the opening from the backside.
   
   
     It was fun designing the M, finding the right font and slicing out the letters for "family" in Cricut Design Space.  The learning curve isn't nearly as steep as I expected. 
     I printed out a few pictures I captured from Instagram of the grandkids.  Have several more I want to add to this frame.  Tomorrow.  Maybe.  LOL!  But now that it's done, I can change up the pictures regularly.  Maybe. 
     Thanks for helping me get this done, Steph!   Can you believe next week is number 100?!!

5 comments:

  1. Such a fun project!! I need to make one of these! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic project! I have lots of unused frames. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic project! I have lots of unused frames. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling and very clever. Love the use of the clothes pins and the negative cutouts in the letter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job, love the "M", so glad the learning curve is going ok for the machine. What a wonderful LO!

    ReplyDelete