Saturday, July 12, 2014

PCC's Magazine Mondays--Week 58

     Time for another challenge from PaperCrafter's Corner!
     I think the Disney movie Frozen is the biggest hit in a long time for little girls.  I hear them singing several aisles over when I go shopping.  My 4-year-old DGD (dear granddaughter) is no exception!  She knows all the songs beginning to end and thinks she doesn't have to wear shoes on a chilly evening, "because the cold doesn't bother [her] anyway!"
http://pccorner.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/MM-Week-58-Inspiration-Piece-300x183.jpg     Next week she is going to a Frozen themed birthday party.  She and her little friend, Ava, love princesses, dress-up and especially Elsa and Anna.  So I made a birthday card using inspiration from this week's challenge. 
     I liked the partially painted picture and mimicked that.  After I printed the picture with Sequoia's and Ava's heads, I printed it again in lightened gray-scales and added parts of that to my card layer.  The biggest problem I had was trying to splatter a little big of reinker on the second layer.  I thought Distress inks were water soluble, but I have them all over my hands, and they're not coming off!  LOL!
The picture is 4x6 layered on a 5x7 card.  That's just a tiny, tiny pencil from my embellishment stash.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness how sweet, love you you fussy cut their faces into the characters. . .i really need to watch frozen as it seems to be THE MOVIE of the year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever Suzi, they will love this card! I too, love the fussy cutting and how you were inspired by the partially colored magazine. As for the inky hands, Steph is right about the Ranger Scrubby Tool. I have one by every sink. They are great.

    ReplyDelete